The Oklahoma Senior Journal devotes a great deal of time meeting with the community at local events. Publisher Robin Gunn and representatives from the Oklahoma Senior Journal are present and involved at over 100 events a year! No other editor of an Oklahoma publication is at community events, openings, networkings, events, conferences, seminars and expos like the OSJ is! Doing so contributes to our success in two important ways: 1) We talk with community members about what’s on their mind, their questions and concerns. This helps include the information most wanted in our issues. 2) We can directly put our magazine in the hands of the public, often showing them where to find a particular business contact inside that they need. This how we are able to help the public and help our advertisers reach the right audience.
Here are JUST A FEW of the events that Robin & the Oklahoma Senior Journal have attended… The OSJ Magazine was handed out at all of these events (only dating back to 2015):
• OSJ conducted a door-to-door distribution campaign July 17, 2017 and July 24/25th-3,000 issues distributed in Heritage Hills, Meta Park, Crown Heights and Edgemere Park neighborhoods. We hand-delivered directly to these neighborhoods doorsteps which makes the OSJ Magazine the only 50-Plus publication to do personal distribution… another way the OSJ magazine shares the magazine & service directory of 6,000 resources with the largest demographic in our city, the 50-Plus! We connect through this distribution on top of our 650 locations we stock monthly, our OSJ-App (text Oksenior to 95577 to download), the OSJ e-newsletter (5,200+ recipients), he OSJ Website “Announcement Page” (http://okseniorjournal.com/announcements.html) and our new radio show on The Eagle-KZLS 1640 AM.
• Robin Gunn was ask to do the Rise & Shine Show on Channel 43 on June 20th 2017 with Lacey Lett in promotions for the Longest Day events held across OKC raising funds for the Alzheimer’s Association. She handed out the OSJ magazine to the Rise and Shine Staff: Lacy Lett, Scott Hines, Producer Brooke Marton and the Alzheimer’s Association staff Mark Fried & Meredith Woodbridge.
• June 20, 2017 Dine & Discuss “Healthy Living for Your Brain and Body” hosted by Synergy Home Care and Alzheimer’s Association.
• The Longest Day Event June 21, 2017 at Grand Tapestry’s 55-Plus Living Longest Day Event that raised funds for the Alzheimer’s Association.
• June 21st OKC NW Christian Woman’s Group at the Quail Creek Golf & Country Club on June 21st 2017 -over 60 woman attended. The OKC NW Christian Woman’s Group raises funds for Homeless Teenagers.
• Monday, May 22, 2017 – All about your health: Cancer killers! Cancer prevention with Dr. Shawna Ortiz-. Uptown Grocery Store pub area 9515 N May ave, the Village OK 73120.
• May 17, 2017 – Northwest Oklahoma Christian Women’s Group Luncheon- noon – 1:30pm. $19. at Quail Creek Golf and Country Club- 3501 Quail Creek Road in OKC Robin Gunn attended and handed out OSJ magazines to all attendees.
• “Essential Oils as Therapeutic Agents” Wednesday May 3, 2017 6:00 pm – part of the Spring into Senior Learning Seminar Series – FREE to the public. Hosted by Iris Memory Care -at 2424 NW 178th Street Edmond, OK 73012. Robin Gunn attended and handed out OSJ magazines to all attendees.
• “OKALA’S Senior Stroll”- OKALA (Oklahoma Assisted Living Association) 5k and 1 mile fun walk for the community April 23, 2017. at Stars & Stripes Park.
• April 25th, 2017 5 – 7pm for “Virtual Dementia.” This is part of SYNERGY HomeCare’s “Dine & Discuss” series. Hosted at SYNERGY HomeCare’s offices, 13720 N Bryant Ave, Edmond, OK 73013
• 3rd Annual Prime of Your Life Senior Expo – April 20, 2017, 8 AM to Noon at Choctaw Road Baptist Church – 14971 E Reno Ave, Choctaw 73020.
• Veterans Affairs Seminar: Seminar for Senior Veterans and Their Families – Thursday, April 20, 2017 noon – 1:30 p.m. at Grand Tapestry at Quail Springs, 14201 N. Kentucky Oklahoma City, OK 73134
• Informed Senior Seminar event for the 50-Plus. Friday, April 21 • 9 a.m. – 1 p.m. Free education and resources for seniors and those that care for them. at OSU/OKC Campus, 900 N Portland Ave, Student Center – 3rd Floor. OSJ had a booth and breakout session.
• STAND UP FOR SENIORS – APRIL 11, 2017 at the state capitol. 8:30am-1pm. Seniors, Advocates, Long Term Care Professionals, and Concerned Oklahomans… An advocacy event at the Capitol to be the voice for all seniors, including the frail elderly, the disabled, and for the future of aging services for all older Oklahomans.
• Caregiver Stress and Burnout – Wednesday, April 5, 2017, 6:00 pm at Iris Memory Care for this informative talk by Ben Pearce. 2424 NW 178th Street Edmond, OK 73012
• April 1st, 2017 9AM – Dear Jay, Love Dad…Breakfast Eventwith Jay Wilkinson hosted by Grand Tapestry at Quail Springs.
• April 1, 2017 – Eldercare/Caregiver Conference • Robin Gunn, was a speaker for The Community Caregivers Support Group’s 4th annual Seminar at Council Road Baptist Church’s Chapel-2900 N Council Rd, Bethany.
• “Dine & Discuss: The 10 Signs for Early detection of Alzheimer’s disease” March 28, 2017 at SYNERGY HomeCare.
• Downsizing SEMINARS presented by Becky Ivins, Movers Real Estate
5 different dates were given for seminars, lots of good info and the OSJ handed out at ll of them at Cole Community Center- 4400 NW Expressway, OKC.
• March 16, 2017-OSJ handed out at the SALT Council meeting in Warr Acres headed up by the Oklahoma County Sheriff Department.
• Easter Seals hosts a Caregiver Support Group – Wednesday, February 22nd from 12:00 p.m.-1:30 p.m. at Sunbeam Family Services.
• Grand Opening of Nurses To Go Home Health Thursday Feb 23, 2017- 2:30 PM – Ribbon Cutting 4 – 6 PM – Open House Event – the OSJ was handed out personally by Robin Gunn to all attendees.
• NewView Oklahoma 8th Annual OKC Envision the Future Luncheon – Wednesday, February 22nd, 2017 at St. Luke’s United Methodist Church, 222 NW 15th St, OKC.
• February 23, 2017 to ARTHRITIS 101 : “Living Better With Arthritis: Understanding Arthritis Medications” with Tim Anderson, D.Ph. presented by The Arthritis Foundation at Chesapeake Community Plaza Conference Center.
• Northwest Oklahoma Women’s Christian Group Luncheon- next lunch meeting: Feb. 15th noon – 1:30pm. at Quail Creek Golf and Country Club.
• Planning For Your Future Seminar -Feb 15th 2017 at 6:00 PM at Grand Tapestry at Quail Springs, 14201 N. Kentucky Ave, Oklahoma City, OK 73134 presented by Well Preserved Advisory Group
• MARDI GRAS PARTY – Thurs., FEB. 16, 2017 From 4-6pm at Grand Tapestry at Quail Springs. 14201 N. Kentucky Ave. Oklahoma City
• WALL STREET JOURNALIST PEGGY NOONAN TO LECTURE AT OKC TOWN HALL – Thursday, February 16 at 10:30
PLACE: St. Luke’s United Methodist Church, 222 NW 15th, OKC
• The Heart Link Network® inetworking organization for women –Friday, 17, 2017 at 11:30-1pm Location: 1333 N Santa Fe Ave #102 – Edmond, OK – Millie’s Table
• February 2, 2017 “Smart Solutions for Loving Your 55+ Lifestyle” -SEMINAR at Grand Tapestry at Quail Springs in Oklahoma City.
• Tuesday, Jan 24th, 2017 SYNERGY HomeCare’s “CAREER FAIR”, from 9am-3pm at our Norman location. SYNERGY HomeCare is our front cover feature and so the OK Senior Journal magazine was on hand for all attendees.
• Alzheimer’s Speaker event at Grand Tapestry at Quail Springs – Tuesday, January 17th, 2017, 6pm. Speaker JUDITH INGALSBE, Author of STONE BENCHES JOURNEYThe seminar was attended by 81 people – a great crowd. The OSJ magazine was handed out to all that attended personally by Robin. It was well received!
• Grand Opening celebration of The Veraden – THURSDAY, JANUARY 12th, 2017 from 5p – 7p at 2709 E. Danforth Rd, Edmond, OK 73034. Robin personally handed OSJ magazines out, and The Veraden will be a regular distribution point. In Edmond on Danforth and Sooner Rd. area. http://VeradenLife.com
• 10-27-16 – Sunbeam Family Services-Grandparents raising Grandchildren Wrapping Day. The OSJ Magazine volunteered at the Sunbeam Family Services along with the Sheriff and OKC Police TRIAD Programs to wrap Christmas Gifts for the Grandparents Raising Grandkids Program. There are 72 family’s this year that signed up from 42 families last year. Oklahoma is second in the nation for Grandparents Raising Grandchildren. The newest issue of the OSJ Magazine on was hand for our Senior wrapper! Robin Gunn, OSJ Editor, Magazineears volunteered along with my Brother Nathan Gunn (Local low income downtown OKC Street pastor) Nathan Gunn. What A FUN day helping others have a blessed Christmas 2016!
• 10-21-16 – Senior Awareness Day October 21, 2016 at NorthPark Mall. 9am-Noon. Service providers from all over the OKC metro were on-hand to showcase their services. Visitors received valuable info and the OSJ. • October 11, 2016 – Healthy Senior Day at Mitch Park YMCA.– The Voice and Print to the 50-Plus handed out 150-Plus filled take away bags with the OSJ magazine’s new issue and info from Well Perserved Advisory Group at the Edmond Mitch Park YMCA Strong and Healthy Senior Event!!! The Mitch Park YMCA is also a regular distribution point for the OSJ magazine and has multiple 50-Plus programs! (post the M.Park YMCA website link here)
• October 11, 2016. OKC Advocate After Hour Chamber Event – at Brewer Carpet. The new issue of the OSJ magazine was given at the The Brewer Carpet One After Hours Edmond Chamber Business Meet and Greet.
• October 4, 2016 – LEARN THE “A, B, C, D’s” of MEDICARE -Tuesday, October 4th at 3PM and 6PM at Crossing Community Center. 88 OSJ magazines were handed out in the informational take away bags.
• September 24, 2016. The OSJ Magazine walked in the Walk to End Alzheimer’s at Chickasaw Bricktown Ballpark with the Veteran Center in Norman where my Daddy where he is being cared for now, living with Alzheimer’s Disease for the last 11 years. The new issue of the OSJ was handed out at several vendor tables.
• Norman Regional Moore’s “Inspirations” Open House at 4pm., Thursday, Sept. 15 at Norman Regional Moore. Inspirations, an outpatient adult counseling center, has relocated to Norman Regional Moore. Inspirations will now be housed entirely at one location. The OSJ was handed out to MANY!
• September 16, 2016 from 7:00 am-10:30 am, Belfair of Shawnee benefit pancake breakfast for the Walk to End Alzheimer’s.
• SNEAK PREVIEW at The Veraden, Thursday, June 16, 2016- hard hat tour with industry professionals. The OSJ is working with the Veraden from the ground up! Look for them in our next issue (as well as the current one.)
• The West Ten Lion’s Club Community Event needs to come down but put over on the Past Events Page the Voice and the Print to the 50-Plus gave away 100 OSJ magazines at this event.
• Open house at Epworth Villa- Thursday June 16, 2016
• 3 Brenton Hills Brokers open June 18, 2016 with George Massey & Janice Winchester
• SNEAK PREVIEW at The Veraden, Edmond’s newest and finest senior living community. Thursday, June 16, 2016. A full tour, food and fun was had by all!
• Alzheimer’s Hoedown- A Fundraiser held at the Fountains at Canterbury.June 16, 2016. Local bands, dancing and fun was on hand along with the OSJ. Sponsoredin part by the OSJ along with SYNERGY HomeCare, AllianceHealth Midwest, Healthback Home Health, Oklahoma Hospice Care, Oklahoma Senior Journal, Integris Hospice House, & Crawford and Ford Funeral Homes.
• Bark in the Park- June 11, 2016 at Duffner Park, Edmond. The Oklahoma Senior Journal and Well Preserved Advisory Group (The Voice and the Print for the 50-Plus) were sponsors for this event. The OSJ was handed out to MANY!!
• Ribbon Cutting and Re-Opening of AllianceHealth MIDWEST Hospital’s Geriatric Behavioral Health – a newly renovated hospital space – on Tuesday, June 7th.
• SYNERGY HomeCare for a Memorial Day Celebration & COOKOUT! Wednesday, May 25, from 4-7pm. What a fantastic group – we had a great time and the OSJ was welcomed and taken away by many guests!
• May 22nd event at the Warr Acres Senior Center hosted by the Salvation Army and The Voice and The Print were ask to be a part of the event. We handed out over 200 OSJ Magazines along with The Well Preserved jumbo sized info card. Hope to see you soon as we are off to our next event!
• C.A.Rx.E. Appreciation Luncheon- Friday, May 20th, 2016. C.A.Rx.E recognized the hard work and dedication of caregivers! at Eagle Ridge Institute. OSJ’s were handed out to everyone.
• May 19-20, 2016-OHAI FAMILY CAREGIVER WORKSHOP—2-day workshop. This is 2‐day workshop for caregiviers. Robin Gunn attended to gather information for readers and listeners. We strive to be THE BEST SOURCE of information for the 50-Plus in Oklahoma!!!
• May 6, 2016- From the Dementia Support Group of Norman Veterans Center… “Things I wish I’d known . . . while caring for a loved one with Dementia” at Sarkey’s Foundation, 530 E. Main St., Norman. Open to the public. Robin Gunn attended the two hour workshop to hear personal stories from families and caregivers of people stricken by this debilitating disease.
Breakout sessions were held and the OK Senior Journal magazine was given out to every attendee.
• 5th Annual Senior Living Fair, May 5, 2016 -at the Warr Acres Community Center, 4301 N. Ann Arbor in Warr Acres.More than half of the vendors on hand are in our pages in the OSJ Magazine!! The magazine was handed out to all attendees.
• April 30, 2016-“Americans taking care of Americans”– 10AM to 1PM. Live KTOK radio remote with Scott McCollum from McRoof at The Well Preserved Advisory Group offices ,4800 N. Mayfair Drive in OKC, right next to Mayfair Market. This was a fantastic outdoor event and the Oklahoma Senior Journal was one of the take aways for guests.
• April 22, 2016-SYNERGY HomeCare’s 3-Year Anniversary Partyfrom 11:30am-3:00pm at their office located at 13720 N. Bryant Ave. in Edmond. We helped celebrate their 3rd anniversary with food, fun, and fellowship – and the OSJ Magazine!
• The annual “Informed Senior Seminar” April 22, 2016- presented by TRIAD (part of the Oklahoma City Police Department)– Join me! Robin Gunnwas there manning the booth and talking with the crowd! All attendees were given an Oklahoma Senior Journal magazine. Location: OSU OKC, 900 N Portland Ave.
• St. Ann’s Health Fair – Wed., April 20, 2016- 10am-3pm at the Grand Theater at St. Ann’s Retirement Community 7501 W. Britton Road in OKC. Healthy snacks, entertainment, representatives from health-related organizations along with the Oklahoma Senior Journal magazine!
• BLOCK PARTY presented by WES TEN – SAT. APRIL 16th 10 am -12 noon – at the WESTSIDE LIONS CLUB- 4135 NW 10TH. Fun community event! Games & activities for children. Robin was in person at this event!
• OHAI’s Healthy Aging conference-Governor’s Summit – April 12, 2016. Robin was invited to attend this conference and hand out the OSJ Magazine to the medical professionals attending.
• April 10, 2016- Robin was honored at a Luncheon in Edmond at Charleston’s by the UCO Human Resources Staff for providing sponsorship, event exposure and professional guidance in helping put together UCO’s Inaugural Sandwich Generation Caregivers Conference & Expo on March 9th with over 400 in attendance! A very successful event!
• March 31, 2016-Silent Auction and “Networking with a Purpose” event in Edmond. The Silent Auction benefiting the Alzheimer’s Association at Autumn Leaves of Edmond, 1001 S. Bryant in Edmond. Proceeds went to the Alzheimer’s Association of OKC. This was an excellent networking event for all attendees, and the OSJ.
• 2nd Annual “Prime of Your Life” EXPO – Choctaw Chamber of Commerce – March 22, 2016– at the EO Tech Center in Choctaw, OK. Presenters spoke and the Chamber served a light breakfast to all attendees who also received an Oklahoma Senior Journal – Robin Gunn talked to each and every one!
• March 29, 2016-the Central OK Senior Softball League’s first game of the season! Held in MidWest City at the Doug Hunt Memorial Softball Park, located at 8700 E. Reno (S. Douglas & E. Reno.) The Voice and the Print attended for some major fun!
• March 9, 2016- The Grand Tapestry’s at Quail Springs and the Oklahoma Senior Journal went to the Heritage Lanes Bowling Alley in North OKC and hung out with the Senior Bowling Ledgers that evening, WHAT FUN!!!!
• March 11, 2016- Senior Awareness Day hosted by TRIAD Sheriff OCCC -The Voice and the Print attended, talked with everyone and passed out our info and OSJ’s!
• ART OPENING at 50 Penn Place Art Gallery WHEN: Friday, March 11th, 6-8:30pm. This was an art reception open to the public. 50 Penn Place Art Gallery is in the lower level of 50 Penn Place next to Full Circle Bookstore. My brother, Nathan Gunn, is one of the artists.
• UCO’s Sandwich Generation Conference Expo March 9, 2016from 8:30 to 3pm. Free TO ATTEND, free lunch & takeaways…. this was a full day conference that Robin Gunn helped produce and sponsor!
The Expo connected attendees to vendors. The OSJ had a booth and OSJ magazines were placed at every seat for the luncheon!
• March 3, 2016 – the REI Woman’s Breakfast Networking Group at 1910 Kamp’s Cafe’ in Midtown in OKC. The OSJ magazine was handed out to the 30 business women attending that morning!
• Thursday, Feb. 25th, 4:30pm-7pm. 50-Plus Artist ReceptionFantastic Networking Opportunity! Enjoy art, wine & cheese, and good company!
• Feb 18, 2016- Bethany Behavioral Hospital Open House. We (The OSJ Magazine) went to the opening of the new Bethany Behavior Hospital. No other Editor of an Oklahoma publication is at community events, openings, networkings, events, conferences, seminars and expos. like the OSJ is! We are there for you at the OSJ Magazine because we care to keep you informed!!!!
• February 11, 2016- ABC’s show “The Chew” at NOON. The OSJ was on hand when The Chew production team filmed a segment at PB Jams. See PB Jams’ viral story here:http://kfor.com/…/pay-it-forward-oklahoma-restaurants-kind…/ The OSJ Magazine supports many local activities, events and businesses that help seniors struggling to make ends meet or who are homeless. My brother, Nathan Gunn, was with me at the restaurant to meet The Chew Crew; Nathan works with the homeless downtown. PB Jams is located at 300 NW 63rd St, OKC.
• Senior Day at the Capitol, February 22, 2016 -8:30 a.m.— 2:00 p.m. Senior Day at the Capitol was AMAZING! Thousands of seniors came out to receive info and give their opinion to legislators. The OSJ was placed in every chair in the Oklahoma Chamber (the ONLY publication or handout allowed to be distributed in the Chamber that day!) I was happy to meet and talk with many of the attendees as well as politicians on hand. This is only one example of how the Oklahoma Senior Journal sincerely connects your business with the community. There is no other publication (or pubisher) that connects with the 50-Plus like the OSJ.
The current Oklahoma Senior Journal got into the hands of seniors and legislators alike. Governor George Nigh spoke to the crowd, and I was honored to speak with him personally.
2nd Annual “Prime of Your Life” EXPO – Choctaw Chamber of Commerce – March 22, 2015– 8am -11:30am at the EO Tech Center. The OSJ magazine was the only publication handed out at the event .
The Bart & Nadia Sports Experience – Saturday, Feb. 13, 2016, 9am – 3pm at the Cox Convention Center in OKC. The VOICE and the PRINT shared a table with Grand Tapestry’s of Quail Springs a brand new 55-Plus Community going into OKC!!! Health and fitness related booths offering information on nutrition, health care, exercise, sports activities and more! Sports and other fitness activities for kids! It was a fantastic event.
Women, Wine & Networking – Thursday, January 28, 2016.3:30pm. This was a great even tto mix & mingle with other professionals, hosted by Karen Proctor, Village on the Park. The OSJ Magazine was handed out at this event.
Pickleball is taking off in the greater Oklahoma City area. Grand Tapestry of OKC’s Team today handed out over 350 stuffed bags with Euince Khoury’s oversized sponsor cards inside the OSJ magazines at the 2-day Pickle Ball Tournament and Event Jan 30-Feb. 1, 2016. The OSJ was invited to add the magazine to the giveaways as well as the Well Preserved Radio Show information.
Dec 22, 2015 – OSJ adds new distribution locations! New OSJ Magazine four tier stands going out in OKC !!!! Some of the new 400+ racks to hold magazines are located on the First Floor of the VA Hospital by the cafe’ in OKC. This makes our distribution reach over 1 million copies for each issue and is distributed at over 800 locations across the Oklahoma City metro as well as in Norman, Moore, Guthrie, Shawnee…. and so many other areas in Oklahoma! Pick yours up today.
Santa Market in Edmond on Nov. 22, 2015.Here are photos of the OSJ magazine being past out at this years Santa’s Market in Edmond and we handed out over 1,000 copies of the current issue!!!! Both vendors and shoppers were delighted to talk with us and talk home a magazine. This was the second time the OSJ was invited to have 1,000 OSJ Magazines in the takeaway bags. Joan Clark, Coordinator for 5th Annual Santa’s Market has grown this fair every year! If you want to be one of the 90 vendors next year you must book early! Space will sell out by May 2016 for next year! For information call Joan Clark at: (405)314-1033.
Another event the OSJ magazine attended was the Open House Assisted Living Care Association on December 1, 2015. All attendees were given a current issue.
OKC Sheriff TRIAD Senior Awareness Day at North Park Mall on 10/22/15 from 9am to 12:30pm, the OSJ Magazine was handed out to the 200 attending including the vendors!
The OSJ Magazine was at the “Grand Parents Raising Grandchildren Christmas Gift Giveaway” by Sunbeam Family Services on Dec 5, 2015. Oklahoma is 2nd in the nation for Grandparents raising grandchildren and with out Sunbeam Family Services these children would not have a christmas or many other needs met. We handed out OSJ magazines at this event and met some wonderful people!
Shawnee Senior Center Christmas Health Fair – December 9, 2015- This event had Something for Everyone!! We handed out OSJ magazines to all attendees at this event. at the SHAWNEE SENIOR CENTER at 401 N. Bell St. Shawnee, OK.
The OSJ attended the OKC Sheriff TRIAD Senior Awareness Day at North Park Mall on October 22, 2015 from 9am to 12:30pm, the OSJ Magazine was handed out to the 200 attending including the vendors!
6th Annual Festival of Trees at LEGEND at Rivendell Assisted Living & Memory Care. Saturday, December 12, 2015 was a festive afternoon with hors d’oeuvres, a Holiday Craft Fair.and a silent auction with stunning, one-of-a-kind Christmas trees to bid on! Proceeds benefited our local Alzheimer’s Association. The OSJ was on hand to hand out magazines to all attendees.
Miss Oklahoma Senior America Show – Saturday, July 18, 2015 from 2pm – 4 pm at The Rose State Performing Arts Theatre in Midwest City. This show promotes seniors to stay active in the community, continue their education and continue to exercise. Contestants must be 60-Plus years to compete. The Oklahoma Senior Journal was thrilled to be asked to return and offer magazines as a handout at this Honorable Event that showcases our Seniors. The OSJ attended this event and personally handed out magazines to all attendees.
The “Dog Days of Summer” at Legend at Rivendell at 13200 S. May Ave., – Saturday, July 18 at 10 a.m. The event included demonstrations, contests, information regarding local rescues/dog clubs, dog treat recipes and more! Dog owners enjoyed the festivities and brought their 4-legged friends with residents and guests. The OSJ attended this event and personally handed out magazines to all attendees.
June 16, 2015 – The Publisher & Editor of the OSJ Magazine presented information on Oklahoma Senior living to the Business Builders Networking Group at Comfort Inn & Suites at Quail Springs. This is a GREAT group and monthly opportunity for networking.
June 11, 2015 – The screening of Still Alice by Legend at Rivendell was a sold out crowd at the Oklahoma City Arts Museum and everyone attending got an OSJ Magazine.
May 4, 2015- The OSJ Magazine was a vednor & participant at the 45th Annual Oklahoma Aging Conference in Norman, Oklahoma and handed out magazines to attendees.
May 14, 2015.- Door to Door distribution in Heritage Hill and Mesta Park OKC neighborhoods was done with an insertion.
The OSJ Magazine was one of the PRESENTING Sponsors of the 15th Annual – Informed Senior Seminar at Metro Tech on 4/17/15, where Robin Gunn personally handed out over 300 OSJ Magazines. Issues were also available for every attendee and in giveaway bags.
The Voice & The Print were ask to be part of the Media Coverage at the PEER LEARNING NETWORK on 4/16/15 annual Lunch. It was a packed house and the OSJ Magazine was passed out to those attending. Guest Speakers included: Father & Sons of Hobby Lobby Stores, David Green & Mart Green, Son & CEO of Mardel’s Steve Green, Son & CEO of Hobby Lobby.
The OSJ Magazine and Euince Khoury, were invited on 4-6-15 to the State Capitol for the Brad Edward’s Award Ceremonies. The OSJ has been a member of the TRIAD Board for the last 7 years and were as also singled out at the ceremony as providing TRIAD with many of these resources for the 50-Plus.
The Retired Pioneers Group had 55 seniors on 4/2/15 at Putnam city baptist church – everyone left with an OSJ!
OKC Women’s Business Breakfast Kamps – April 2, 2015 at 1910 Café. Robin Gunn, Publisher of the Oklahoma Senior Journal and Euince Khoury host of Well Preserved Radio Show (The VOICE and the PRINT of the 50-Plus Community) were the Keynote Speakers and sponsors of this event. Plenty of networking and magazines were passed out.
2nd Annual Strollin’ Colon 5K run/walk March 28, 2015/Bark for Life event. Robin was a sponsor for this event. The Oklahoma Senior Journal attended this event and personally handed out magazines to attendees.
3rd Annual Empowerment of Woman Professionals High Tea at the OKC Golf & Country Club. March 7, 2015– The Institute for the Economic Empowerment of Women and the PEACE THROUGH BUSINESS ® program’s mission is to empower women globally economically, socially and politically. The OSJ handed out magazines to attendees.
Lion’s Club Fundraising Pancake Day- March the 26, 2015. The Oklahoma Senior Journal attended this event and personally handed out magazines to attendees. A successful event!
March 19, 2015- The Voice (Well Preserved Radio Show Host Euince Khoury on KTOK 1000am every Sat. @ 7a.m.) & Print (the OSJ Magazine) were the guest speakers at the Capitol Hill Lion’s Club. The Voice (me) & The Print (Robin Gunn of the OSJ Magazine) were the guest speakers at the Capitol Hill Lion’s Club. The OSJ handed out OSJ Magazines.
3/16/15- FilpSide – The Patti Page Story. The OSJ was one of the Main Sponsors of this off-Broadway award-winning play. The OSJ was presented with the opening announcements, placed on the jumbo big screen every 3 mins., was handed out to the “Sold Out” crowd of over 900 as they walked in the door and was the only sponsor to have 2 tables laid-out with the OSJ Magazine presentation. The OSJ magazine was given to every person attending the brand new Culture & Visual Arts Stage and Auditorium at OCCC.
The OSJ handed out over 200 OSJ Magazines at Senior Awareness Day on March 13, 2015. Robin Gunn, Editor, attended this event and personally handed out magazines to attendees.
Senior Day at the Capital Feb. 23, 2015– Senior Day at the Capitol is an annual free event for older Oklahomans and professionals in the field of aging to: • Learn about legislation and issues affecting older Oklahomans • As constituents, share your ideas, needs and concerns with your state senators and representatives • Visit with nonprofit and governmental agencies to learn about their services. Robin Gunn, Editor, along with staff, attended this event and personally handed out magazines to attendees.
CareTrak Media Day Feb. 18, 2015- The OSJ has been a large part of the team to bring Care Track to OKC. The OKC Police Dept. will use this cutting edge technology to find senior wanderers within minutes instead of days! The OSJ was invited to be one of the few at the Media Day event. Pictured is part of the amazing team of people who brought this: Kim Garrett, OKCPD, Victims Protective Unit; Cris Cunningham, OKCPD; Kristen Polanski, OKCPD; and
Jessica Welp, Sunbeam Family Services. CareTrak will CHANGE the way alerts are handled and done!!
Nov. 6th, 2014 OSJ was invited to the Dedication of the Chesapeake Energy Center of Hope along with Mayor Mick Cornett, Frank & Cathy Keating. The OSJ was able to be apart of this monumental dedication and give out the OSJ Magazines to those attending.
The OSJ Magazine was invited to the Senior TRIAD Christmas Party at Gatti Town Restaurant on NW Expressway in OKC on Dec. 11th, 2014. the OSJ Magazine handed out over 150 Magazines to those attending.
The OSJ Magazine was ask to hand out the OSj Magazines at the end of the year Christmas Party for the Retired Pioneer Telephone on Dec. 12th, 2014. We gave out over 80 Magazines at the meeting/party.
On November 21, 2014, 572 Grandchildren got holiday joy! Thanks to Sunbeam Family Services and Local Law Enforcement Partners. Through TRIAD’s Grandparents Raising Grandchildren Program, grandparents raising their grandchildren who applied for holiday gift assistance received holiday gifts for over 198 grandfamilies (each child will receive a gift(s) totaling $30). The OSJ was handed out and Robin Gunn helped along with the Midwest City Police Dept, OKC Police Dept, OK County Sheriff’s Office, TRIAD volunteers, Areawide Aging Agency, Oklahoma Recyclers Association and other community partners from 1:30p to 2:30p at Sunbeam Family Services 616 NW 21st in OKC). to help pass out hats, stockings, presents to these families. For more info on this amazing group, go to: http://www.facebook.com/sunbeamOKC About Grandparents Raising Grandchildren Program: Starting in 2003, the program received funding through Title III-E funds which are administered by the Areawide Aging Agency. Grandparents, 55 years old or older, who are the raising their grandchild or grandchildren are given support that will help them secure valuable resources and information for their family.
Bark for Life Event held on 9/6/14. The OSJ Magazine was one if the Sponsors for this very worthy cause. The Event raises funds for the OKC Bark For Life Animal Rescues and the American Cancer Society. There was a 5 K Run with your pet, Pet Friendly Vendors, Food Trucks, A luminary lantern pet remembering release, micro-chipping and photos with your pet. The OSJ magazine was everywhere at the event and was also in every takeaway bag.
8/10/14 – OSJ magazine at the Pirates Original Putnam City 55 year 1959 Class Reunion, Meet & Eat. Fantastic time!
7/16/14- This was the 4th time the OSJ Magazine has been ask to come to the 110 year StoneCroft Christian Woman Organization Group. Held once a month at the Quail Creek Golf and Country Club. They always have a very up to the times educational and inspirational guest speakers. We handed out the OSJ Magazines to the over 60 head count of woman that raise money for local charities here in OKC. What a fantastic group!!!
At ROCOCO’s Resturant on June 23, 2014 at the “Great Fan Give Away” with the OSJ and the Salvation Army. Where we took “Fan” donations for the 62-Plus for the Summer. Senator Al McAffrey (picutred with Robin Gunn) donated and enjoyed the day.
The OSJ Magazine was invited out to the National Memorial Pet Day Celebration at Precious Pets Cemetery. Editor Robin Gunn handed out OSJ Magazines. Dr. Kimberly Weissspoke on “Thinking outside the Box with your Pet Care through Eastern & Western Medicines & Methods”. It was very educational and I learned a lot for my fur babies. We toured the beautiful pet friendly grounds and Chapel, had lite snacks and great pet related conversation with all attending yesterday. Pictured is Linda McCullough, owner of Precious Pets Cemetery & Crematory, Robin Gunn, Dr. Weiss with rescued exotic bird “Marty”.
The Salvation Army Sock Hop on June 26th, 2014 was held at Warr Acres Community Center, OKC, OK. OSJ Marketed the event on our Website, Facebook page and our Business to Business 1700+ emails. The OSJ Magazine was the only publication asked to be brought to the Event for all Sock Hoppers and Watchers who attended. They also made an announcement at the event to make sure you get your Free OSJ Magazine before you leave. The Salvation Army then asked the OSJ Magazine to please be put in ALL their Salvation Army Centers across the OKC Metro!!!
“A Walk to Remember” Saturday, June 28, 2014-in remembrance of pets loved & lost, this was a very special Walk in the evening at the Route 66 Park in Yukon. Lighted luminaries will light the path honoring pets lost. OSJ was on hand participating and handed out magazines to attendees.
Salvation Army Senior Programs Sock Hop and Silent Auction – Thursday, June 26, 2014, 6 – 9 pm at the Warr Acres Community Center, 4301 N Ann Arbor. A live DJ, will play music from the 50s and 60s. The event offers light finger foods, root beer floats, a picture arch, hula hoops, costume & dance contests, and other activities reminiscent of that era. Tickets are $17 couple, $10 individual, children 12 & under are free and may be purchased at any Salvation Army. More info: 246-1098 or 246-1120.
Dr. Karen’s Natural Health Solutions – Thursday, April 30, 2015 – this event, “All About Women” was held Thursday, April 30, 2015 at Noah’s Event Venue in OKC- an event to reenergize health, wardrobe & lifestyle for women. The OSJ was a vendor at this health & wellness expo. OSJ Magazines were passed out to attendees.